oldschool CxC

Thursday, March 02, 2006

AD said: " I would much rather see rebuttals, and discussion, humorous or not, than introduce broad subject limitations."

OK, fair enough -- no need for a rule. BUT - I am HEREBY CALLING THE REST OF YOU OUT. When Ari makes one of his radical leftist comments, or I make one of my pro-war or libertarian arguments, it's time to put up or shut up. Post your comment, even if it's short like "I agree" or "This is dumb," and let us all know where you stand. My point about wanting a rule was because I would come to the blog and read some of these posts that are seriously over the edge, and there is no rebuttal, no discussion, nothing. I can't tell if you're just ignoring Ari, or if you think he has a valid point.

So: Ari makes a post lauding Hugo Chavez, who I think is an anti-American Marxist not worthy of anyone's praise. Thoughts? Because if you don't care, I say we open a politics blog and leave it off this one.

(And Ari, please, under no circumstances edit one of my posts. There's a comment function for a reason. And I apologize for insulting you -- it was just done for effect. You my boy, blue.)

3 Comments:

Blogger R·E said...

Screw the rule. Fine.

However, I disagree on not editing your posts. The beauty of this blog is we CAN edit all posts. Since all I added to your post was an immediate refutation of your (Erik's) personal attack.

If I posted on the blog, "You're posts are fucking idiotic and everything you post is stupid bullshit that makes me wonder if your head is up your ass", I'd be fine with you if you inserted a line into my post saying, "That's very offensive", or this shows your true character, or something similar.

However, I do see your point, and I am happy to honor your request not to edit your posts, so long as

a) you post (not comment) a sincere retraction of the insult you made against my character
b) you continue to refrain from making personal attacks against me or my friends.

Seems pretty straightforward enough.

Not sure what "You my boy, blue" means, in reference to you saying my posts are fucking idiotic. What does saying an insult 'for effect' have to do with it?
Sounds like pure BS to me.

If I were to post stuff in a similar fashion, soon we'd have an arms race in insults going on the CxC blog. I have no need to do this.

As I think about how I felt from reading what you posted, I too will post an apology for bringing in my leftist harangues and also for slamming Christianity previously.

1:10 PM  
Blogger R·E said...

OK, you put the apology in front. I appreciate that. Still not sure what "You my boy, blue" is about, but maybe I don't hang w/the right crowd?

6:35 PM  
Blogger R·E said...

Hey, I just re-read your post. You totally re-edited your statement!

** Ari did NOT edit Erik's post. I just put in a VISIBLE comment. I'm guessing he went in and re-edited it. **

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home