oldschool CxC

Sunday, November 18, 2007

I see written that the BLOG is dead. Hmmmm...
Maybe it is. OR ...
Maybe other folks are hesitant to put stuff up on it?

Perhaps the constant confrontation and challenge model made people less inclined to post? I admit my role in it. It's too easy for me to rant (as you can see if you scroll down. HA). But I'm happy to resume ranting on my blog REkzkaRZ.com and linking w/a 1-sentence summary.

Perhaps if we morph our BLOG to a forum where a range of viewpoints is acceptable -- and personal disagreements & challenges are not what we're about? Dunno.



I see a lot of people signed up now (on the right). I'd like to see more posting from those folks! (And I'll do less, I promise.) Anyone interested? STEP UP, BRO'S!! Staying optimistic for now -- Blog's are somewhat timeless...

Anyone noticed the similarities between Wikipedia and Blogs and the changeable history discussed in Orwell's 1984? The main character was constantly changing historical references as people came into and out of governmental approval. I always remember the image of those tubes shooting messages around. Didn't Al Gore call the internet a bunch of tubes? Funny.

Oh -- saw Al Gore speaking at Full Circle Fund mixer. I was supposed to film him, but got a 'no recording' order in the last minute. BUMMED.
They did give out free certificates for an 11th Hour DVD, when it's released. Saw it in the theaters. Intense flick -- like Gore's 'Inconvenient Truth', but not the same type of happy ending. It got really bad reviews, but I felt the film was nicely done.

Has anyone seen Van Jones speaking before? I felt like he outshined Gore in the speeches. I've seen him speak a few times. Impressive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home