oldschool CxC

Saturday, January 11, 2003

So I posted ANTI-WAR & took some flack? Interesting. I guess I should focus on the more important issues, like ... partying?

I feel upset & betrayed by the govt. Don't you guys? Not that Clinton really rep'd me.. but I certainly don't want USA to bomb more countries.

Do you guys feel that perhaps this whole thing is a giant hoax designed to bilk public funds and put it into private budgets (weapons co's and so on)? Does this stuff bug you guys? I guess no-one's interested in talking about this stuff.


Sony, re: your comment about preachiness & 'mid-life crisis' (if you knew me better you'd know I've been a leftist-pinko for years), well... You may be brighter than I am in many ways, and you likely know your history better than I do, too. I guess you're a (self-proclaimed) realist, having chosen & succeeded to becoming a tax-lawyer (pinnacle of American society), and I certainly haven't succeeded in forging my own road in art & music as I'd like to (yet).
But that being said, I'm not going to idealize British contract & property values. It's a legacy of institutionalized oppression.


(Which is the ultimate irony -- for someone like me to be working in the Financial Districts of the USA! I've been on both NY & Pacific Stock Exchange floors, watched institutional trading desks make large block trades to steer pricing, and worked in brokerages in the World Trade Ctr in NY before it was toppled.)

So my point is America has lost the beauty of her inspiration by the drug-like hypnosis of money and overconsumption. And it's up to us to change that.


Erik, are you saying that b/c I'm 'cliche' therefore my statement lacks value? Do you think your musical inspirations have (or had, before the fame & money hit) some opinion on issues, or were they writing mostly love songs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home