oldschool CxC

Monday, February 09, 2004

so no one's reading anything? I been having trouble finishing stuff lately, never finished that old chinese one glenn gave me, nor Life of Pi, Mr. Nice, Bringing down the House. I am about halfway thru on all of em, but the fact that I didn't plow through them reflects poorly on either the books, authors, or myself.

Can someone tell me (sony?) which sci fi book had a main character that was addicted to the Tasp?
maybe thats not what its called.. it was a device that jacked into the pleasure centers of the brain. prolly was a Gibson book though.. (answers own question) I think it was Nivens Ringworld.

SH: Not ringing a bell, what was the Tasp? All of William Gibson's characters are addicted to some kind of "derm".

I just finished Blowback by Chalmers Johnson; three words: Lyndon La Rouche. I'm picking up a book Erik read called the Intuitionst. Of course, I read all the HellBoys (even have a BPR bumpersticker, the only thing I've stiuck on a car in all of my life), but that she-et is expensive.

AD, Lets get Iqbal to read the Intuitionist and we can have a book club thingy.

E: and jv recommended The Intuitionist to me, so we could be on. I don't think this is what you're referring to, but there was a happiness machine in Bradbury's Dandelion Wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home