oldschool CxC

Thursday, August 21, 2003

Perhaps you folks have seen this, but I just saw it and found it to be highly humorous. You have to forward to the 41 minute mark unless you want to watch a bunch of boring shiat before hand. So Al Franken and Bill O'Reilly are at a round table discussion and Franken is talking and telling this story about how O'Reilly claimed to have won a Peabody award when in fact he hadn't. He just completely clowns O'Reilly with him sitting right there. It is extremely rude but funny. Even Molly Ivins looks embarrassed and Bill is clearly not amused. And then of course yelling ensues.

{follow up: Bill O'Reilly gets clowed by judge presiding over Fox's attempt to get an injunction against Franken's book. "There are easy cases and there are hard cases. This was an easy case."}

{yet more follow up: The foxnews.com summary of the exchange.

It sounds like Bill is fantasizing just a little bit about killing Franken. From his radio show: "In the Old West, and I would have loved to have been in the Old West, Al and I, we would have had a little shootout. We would have gone out on Willshire Avenue, six shooters. Now he's a much smaller target than I am, about 4'11, but he's wider and it would have been, you know, Clint Eastwood time, you know, I would have the sharout, shirapi (sp?) and I had my squint, and I would have put a bullet right between his head. Would have been wrong. Would have been wrong. But that was the Old West, and I would not have known any better, so I wouldn't have been held accountable, because I wouldn't have - but now I do. Now, in 2003, that would have been wrong."

And then from his TV show: "Imagine sitting next to somebody calling you a liar for that period of time. If that happened 200 years ago, there would have been a duel, and trust me, he would have lost."}

SL: isn't this what they have celebrity boxing for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home