oldschool CxC

Thursday, August 07, 2003

Dear friends and colleagues:

So, today I reached agreement on a letter of intent to lease restaurant space in Oakland at the site of the former Hofbrau at Grand and Broadway. Provided things don't blow up in the next few days, the final lease will be signed early next week. It's a beautiful art deco building in need of a good paint job. It's got about 5,000 sq. ft. downstairs, 1,500 sq ft. upstairs, a full basement (complete with walk-in keg refrigerator) and a parking lot that can be converted into an outdoor dining area. It's in a highly visible area across the street from several large and fully occupied office buildings and just a block away from the Paramount Theatre.

And so I get by with a little help from my friends. As you might imagine I do not have unlimited resources and am trying to put this together from scratch, so I beg your tolerance as I ask you all for your support.

Sam: If you're amenable, I'd love to work with you on graphic design for logo and website. I think we can reach a mutual beneficial agreement.

Sony: Any advice you can provide me in putting together suitable partnership agreements for Luka's LLC would be mightily appreciated.

All: Need to identify an opening chef with experience managing a comparably sized (100 seat) restaurant kitchen. I'll put it up on craigslist, but personal recommendations are preferred if you know any good candidates.

All: I need to raise cash. I have some cash and a local bank will provide an SBA loan, but partners are needed. So if you or anyone you know may be interested in a $10,000 or greater investment in a flow-through entity with a large upside potential, preferred returns, and the satisfaction of participating in the baddest restaurant and lounge in Oakland (did I mention the VIP lounge upstairs?) then point 'em my direction and I'll make 'em a real good deal. Really.

Thanks and I'll keep you all updated.

SL: first of all. YES. what a great thing for Oakland.

second of all: web site version 1.0

A: big up! and how far is it from Oaksterdam?

SH: Of course, I've actually got something on file that we could start with. BTW, I'm sure some local pimp would kick down for exclusive access to the VIP Lounge.

more luca images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home